Advancing Sustainability of Process Industries through Digital and Circular Water Use Innovations
Welcome to our AquaSPICE project website and thank you for your interest in our project. We are serious about protecting your personal data and we would like to ask you to read the following information about the protection of your data at our website carefully. This privacy notice refers to website visitors, our research partners, and other stakeholders and provides detailed information on how we process personal data.
AquaSPICE collects the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Professional affiliation and/or job title
- Via your subscription to our newsletter (we are going to need your full name and email address)
- By contacting us via email (we are going to need your email address in order to get back to you)
- Via registration to in-person/remote meetings (we are going to need your name, email address, phone number in this case for the attendance list of the event and for contacting you for information and in case of emergency)
- Via the informed consent we will ask you to sign in case you wish to participate in one of our Pilot Use Cases
- Special categories of personal data: When hosting an event, we might ask you to provide us with your dietary restrictions in order to be able to provide you with some options that work best for you.
- for communicating with you regarding a question you may have sent us
- for forwarding you our newsletter in case you have subscribed to it
- for providing you more details on an event you have registered to attend
- Lawful basis for processing your personal data
- Informed consent: when you provide us with your personal data directly via subscribing to our newsletter or when you fill in a registration form.
- Legal obligation: when we have to process personal data in order to meet a legal obligation we may have
- Legitimate interests: when it is necessary for us to communicate to the public the project’s outcomes and for enhancing our research quality.
Since AquaSPICE is a consortium consisted of 29 partners, your data will be securely stored in the responsible partner’s premises where the appropriate technical and organizational measures have been taken in order to ensure the protection of data. All partners act according to the Data Management Plan that has been laid out in the beginning of the project; meaning that we have secure servers that are password protected for the storage of your data and access is granted only to people who are directly involved in AquaSPICE. Additionally, security and anti-virus software is installed and frequently updated in our servers. Please note that the transmission of data cannot be 100% secure; however, we do our best in order to protect your data to the highest extent.
Yes; we may occasionally share your personal data with trusted third parties that help us operate efficiently; for example, cloud-based software, HR and accounting services within the consortium, law enforcement or governmental agencies, the European Commission.
As AquaSPICE is a Horizon 2020 funded project, we are obliged to store data for up to 10 years after the end of the project (unless, an extension is requested by auditors). When this happens, the collected data are being treated in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679 and the Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR). After this time period, and given the fact that no other legitimate reasons for further storage arise, we will delete your personal data.
The AquaSPICE project would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following rights:
Right of access: You may demand information about the data we are processing. You may make this demand at any time and in any form. If you do, we will inform you in writing about which data concerning you we have stored, what we will use the data for, the categories of recipients to which they are forwarded, and how we intend to store them.
Right to erasure: You may demand that your data which we are processing be erased. You may make this demand at any time and in any form. We will comply with this request if we no longer need your data for the purpose for which they were collected, you withdraw a consent you had previously granted, the data processing is illegal, or we must erase your data to comply with a statutory obligation.
Right to rectification: If we are erroneously processing incorrect or incomplete data about you, we will obviously rectify this. Just send us a request that this be done, in any form you choose.
Right to restriction of processing: If your data cannot be erased, or if you do not want them erased but also do not want them processed beyond storing them, we will be obligated at your request to restrict the further processing of your personal data.
Right to data portability: We will provide the data about you we are storing, which we received based on a contract or your consent, in a commonly used file format at your request (regardless of form). You can use these data for your own purposes and forward them to future contracting partners. We will also directly transmit your data to an addressee named by you, provided you wish this to be done and it is technically feasible. In this case, we will inform you once the transmission has been completed successfully.
Right to object: In certain cases, the General Data Protection Regulation also entitles you to object to the further processing of your data. Since we are not processing any data at the moment in a way that would give you the right to object, at this point we refer you to the right of erasure or the right to restriction of processing (see above).
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website to improve your experience. Almost all browsers support Cookies; however, you are able to set your preferences (decline or delete them) whenever you like. For more general information on cookies see the ICO’s cookie page.
We use two main types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies, which are essential for the operation of the website by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website.
- Statistic cookies, which allow us to see the number of visitors and they move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The analytics solution we have opted for preserves our visitor’s privacy by e.g. anonymising IP addresses. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
By following the links below you can find out how to manage your Cookies preferences on popular browsers:
Third-party cookies are only generated with your agreement. We use third-party cookies to provide enhanced site functionality.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
As the website uses social media buttons in order to facilitate your interaction with your connections and spreading the word about AquaSPICE, you should be informed that this Privacy Notice does not apply to the destination websites and that you should also review their Policies before submitting any personal information to them. We are not responsible for the content and security on these websites; however, we do our best to only link websites that have the same values and standards as we do.
If you are still looking for more information or you have any concerns as to how your data is processed, please do not hesitate to contact us per email: email@example.com.
We will respond to your queries within 30 days from when we receive them.